Philippines or Republic of the Philippines is a Southeast Asian country, located in the Western Pacific Ocean. It consists of 7641 islands of which Manila is the capital. The country received independence from the US colonialism in 1946. It shares its maritime border with Taiwan, Vietnam, Malaysia, and Indonesia and boasts of its age-old china-town.
Since independence, Philippines is rising on the ladder of economic growth. The Asian Development Bank has set up its headquarter here. Besides, the country is a member of the United Nations, World Trade Organization, Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN),Asia-Pacific Economic Corporation Forum and East Asia Summit from their very inception. Philippines is rich in natural resources and offers great biodiversity. In recent years, the country is going through a rapid expansion of industrialization and has become a desired destination of the world famous industries. The country is, therefore, going through a change in the economy from agriculture to industry. Emphasis is given on to the spread of education too.
Being a charter member of the United Nations, Philippines has often been included in the Security Council. It is also a partaker in the Human Rights Council and actively involved in Peacemaking endeavours.Due to its proximity to the equator, Philippines experiences hot and sultry weather all around the year. However, the temperature varies between 21°C(70°F) to 32°C (90°F) depending upon the region and season. Here, the coolest month is January while May is the hottest.
Study MBBS in Philippines
Over the years Philippines has become the preferred destination for students aspiring to study MBBS. The MBBS course in Philippines is called MD (Doctor of Medicine), which is similar to the MBBS course, offered in countries like MBBS in Ukraine, UK, India, and Pakistan etc. The internationally acclaimed MBBS course in Philippines consists of medical theory, practical and clinical rotations in the hospitals. Students pursuing MBBS in different universities inthe Philippines always get better exposure during their course of study. The MD programmes offered by different Universities of Philippines have got the approval of the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Medical Council of India (MCI).
Philippines being a hub of education offers quality education in the field of medicine. The universities imparting medical education are equipped with a wonderful infrastructure, excellent ambience, and highly qualified and experienced faculty members. They follow the curriculum, designed by WHO and MCI and the students get a scope to attend high-quality practical classes here. Thus the medical colleges of Philippines have become preferred destinations to the medical aspirants all over the world. Moreover, the fees for the medical course is cheaper here compared to other countries.
Bearing the affiliation of WHO and MCI, the medical Universities of Philippines impart education to a good number of International students. The medium of instruction being English, the students find it easier to study here. So, language does not pose a hindrance to communication for the medical aspirants. As per statistics available, the MBBS and MD pass outs of Philippines achieve absolute success in the international medical examination under USMLE.
Why MBBS in Philippines
Philippines boasts of a friendly educational environment which is ideal forinternational students. Every year, hundreds of thousands of students throng in different universities to study MBBS or MD. The lower fee is one of the most important factors to attract international students here. Besides, the degree, conferred by the universities here, is globally accepted. The young doctors find placements anywhere in the globe at the completion of their study in Philippines.
The academic year in the universities of Philippines is divided between two semesters. It begins in June and ends in May. Moreover, most of the people in Philippines speak English fluently and so the international students find it easier to communicate and gel with the people easily. With better infrastructure, learning environment, world-class equipment and technology, MBBS seems to be the most sought after course in Philippines by the international students.
The medical universities arrange for workshops and conferences to provide hands-on training and practical exposures to the students. At the end of the course, the students find themselves adept in handling all sorts of critical cases. Every year a good number of Indian students enroll themselves in the universities of Philippines to study medicine. The students are admitted in the medical colleges following their NEET scores. At the completion of the course, these Indian students can appear for the screening test, conducted by MCI. The MBBS degree, conferred by the universities of Philippines has accreditation of WHO and MCI.
Top Universities for MBBS Study in Philippines
University of Perpetual Help Our Lady of Fatima University
- AMA School of Medicine
- Bicol Christian College of Medicine
- Angeles University Foundation
- Medical School Foundation
- Davao Medical School Foundation
- Emilio Aguinaldo College of Medicine
- 1. The medical Universities of Philippines possess accreditation of WHO (World Health Organization) and MCI (Medical Council of India). So, the students who have received their degree in medicine in Philippines will be eligible to sit for the examinations conducted by MCI and USMLE, for practising in the reputed hospitals in India and USA.
- 2. Since the medium of instruction is English here, the students can adapt well with the educational scenario. They can mix well with the residents of the country. At the same time, they are scared of the burden of learning an extra language, unlike China, Russia etc.
- 3. The cost of education in different medical colleges in Philippines is quite cheaper, compared to other countries. Moreover, some of the medical universities do not demand any donations from the students. The expenditure towards MD course in Philippines varies between 15 lakhs and 25 lakhs depending upon the rank of the colleges.
- 4. The hostel charges or living too is very pocket-friendly here. There are many restaurants in Philippines, which serve Indian foods so the Indian students would not find it difficult to adapt themselves here.
- 5. The medical colleges lay emphasis on practical training and the students get exposure to study and diagnose cases and offer treatments. No doubt, this will increase their knowledge and confidence.
Benefits of MBBS in Philippines
The educational environment in Philippines is a safe haven for the international students. In an academic year, about 8000 students set their destination to Philippines to study MBBS or MD. However, the Indian Students comprise 50% of international students’ strength here. The standard of education, imparted by the medical universities of Philippines is equivalent to the global standards. The young doctors are well accepted in countries like the UK, and the USA and every year many young doctors from Philippines land in these countries with a job in the reputed hospitals there. Philippines houses 2299 Higher Educational Institutes along with 40 renowned medical colleges.
Here is a brief description of the advantages of pursuing MBBS or MD in the medical colleges of Philippines:
So the students, aspiring to study MBBS in top medical universities of Philippines may apply through The MD House Today!