MBBS IN MAURITIUS
About MBBS in Mauritius
With the introduction of the Common Medical Entrance Examination, NEET, in India getting through with an admission has become tough. Thus a lot of the Medical aspirants look for opportunities abroad in countries like China, Russia, etc. MBBS in Mauritius is being explored off late by Indian students not only for the availability of seats but also since the course is approved by the Medical Council of India.
Advantages of studying MBBS in Mauritius
- The curriculum is guided By MCI
- The medium of instruction is English and Mauritius is also an English speaking country.
- A lot of the teaching faculty is from India and they are quite experienced.
- Low cost of Education in comparison to India
- Students are split into small batches thereby everyone gets undivided attention
- Several universities are offering MCI approved MBBS in Mauritius.
- Indian culture, familiar food, pollution-free neighborhoods, and friendly people offer a perfect learning environment.
Approvals for MBBS in Mauritius
There is quite a long list of international medical councils and agencies who have approved MBBS in Mauritius. The list of some of those agencies is as under:-
- WHO- World Health Organization
- MCI – Medical Council of India
- TEC- Tertiary Education Commission, Mauritius
- LMCC- Licentiate of the Medical College of Canada
- GAME- Global Alliance for Medical Education
- ECFMG-Education Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates
- SAQA-South African Qualification Authority
- The USMLE-United States Medical Licensing Examination FAIMER- Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research
Eligibility for MBBS in Mauritius
Needless to say, the student having good academic records always will get preference. The student needs to have sound health, fluency in spoken English with these prerequisites
- . 60 % minimum Aggregate marks in 10+2 curriculum with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology being major subjects of study
- Age should be between 17-30 yrs
- Must be NEET qualified.
Usually, the course duration is 5.5 years wherein the first 4.5 years are for classroom training and the last 1-year being internship in associated hospitals and health Centers.
The fee structure for MBBS in Mauritius starts from 36 lakhs and there is no request for irrelevant donations – it's only tuition fees and the hostel fees are separate overall which is much lesser than MBBS in India.
MD House with their vast experience in Immigration laws, Visa laws, etc have emerged as the most trusted medical admission partner for Indians over the years. Their transparency in operations and huge technical know-how has made them the most sought after partner among Indian families.