Common Medical Entrance Examination, NEET, has made getting seats in Medical colleges very tough in India. Owing to this Indian medical aspirants off late have started looking for MBBS courses abroad as they are not too costly, seats are easily available and they are also recognized by the Medical Council of India and the World Health Organization. The most favoured places of Indian students in this field are countries like Russia, Uzbekistan, Mauritius, etc. The question which hovers around everyone’s mind is whether it will be worth to study MBBS in China.
There are innumerable reasons for choosing China:-
- Availability- Chinese universities offer seats for International students where the availability is not as fierce as in India. The medium of instruction can also be English.
- Cost – The cost of MBBS education is much lesser in comparison to other countries. On average the cost is around Rs 2 lakhs per year for a five-year course. When the hostel and food expenses are also taken into account then it may cost around Rs 13.50 lakhs for the entire tenure of 5 years. This is much cheaper than many private colleges in India and also lesser than MBBS in other countries.
- Valid in India- if the course is done from a university that is recognized by the MCI then the degree will be valid in India as well. MBBS pass out students from China can clear the MCI screening test and then can start practicing in India. The option of doing a 5 years course in China and the internship in India is also possible. There are around 45 MCI recognized Colleges offering MBBS in China.
- Low cost of living: – China has one of the lowest costs of living in the world. China is known for producing low cost of products therefore the cost of living is quite reasonable.
- Medical facilities: – China provides state of the art world-class medical facilities in their hospitals. The inflow of patients is also more owning to her huge population. This provides an excellent opportunity for students to work directly on the patients under supervision right from the 3rd or 4th semester. Approximately around 5000 international students learn MBBS every year from China and the number is growing with every passing year.
MBBS in China has very high positive reviews and is considered as one of the best international destinations for studying MBBS. Owing to this of late it has been noticed that China has also emerged as one of the favourite destinations for medical studies.