Driven by the fierce competition of the MBBS seats in India there has been a rising trend among Indian medical aspirants to try out destinations abroad which offer MBBS at times at a cheaper cost in comparison to those of private Indian Medical Institutions.
If finances are not the only criteria then undoubtedly one of the most preferred destinations is doing MBBS from the USA.
The facts about MBBS in the USA are:-
- Globally recognized degree: The standard of education in the USA is extremely high which attracts students from around the globe. There are 6 medical schools in the USA that feature among the top 10 medical schools globally. This goes without saying that any individual who wants to be a successful doctor prefers to do a course from the USA. Needless to say, thus the Doctors from the USA are in great demand globally.
- The medium of instruction is English and thus there is no problem in following classes.
- No capitation fee or Donations.
- Accreditations from Medical Council of India, Ministry of Education, USA, World Federation Of Medical Education, World Health Organisation, Education Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates, and The Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research.
- The students can apply for scholarships but getting a scholarship depends on the merit of the student.
- The student can carry on with a part-time job while studying MBBS in the USA. This offers better financial stability while studying.
- In some of the MBBS Institutions: Stipends are paid right from the initiation of the course.
- The admission procedure is not too complicated.
- The campus and the overall environment are quite comfortable and usually, students get adjusted to it very fast.
- 50% in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology in 10+2 with Science stream
- Clearance of MCAT exams for admission in MCI approved medical Institutions
- Clearance of NEET
- IELTS and TOEFL
The cost of studying in the USA varies from 3.60 lakhs per year to 48 lakhs per year depending on the Medical College / Institute chosen. However an additional expense of approximately Rs 14 -20 thousand per month is needed for living in the USA.
The MBBS program is usually for 4 years but post completion of the 4 years course usually people want to do MD or DO which is of PG level and varies from 3 – 7 years depending on the stream of specialization chosen.
MBBS in the USA is considered to be best in the world provided done from an institute of repute and the student is exposed to the best of the facilities available in the globe.