There has been a recent splurge among the medical aspirants in India to study MBBS in foreign countries like China, Mauritius, Russia, etc. This has happened since the private medical colleges are quite expensive in India and increased competition for assuring a seat in government medical colleges.
Ukraine has emerged as one of the most favored destinations in this regard. There are innumerable Medical Universities among them the top 10 Medical Universities in Ukraine are as follows:-
- Bukovinian State Medical University- Founded in 1944. It is considered one of the
topmost colleges in Ukraine.
- Bogomolets National Medical University- Founded in 1841 is one of the premier
medical universities not only in Ukraine but in the entire Europe who has three major
faculties of Medicine, Stomatology, and Pharmacy.
- Danylo Halytsky Lviv State Medical University- Founded in 1784. This university
has 78 departments. The University has 14 buildings and the medium of instruction is
- Dnipropetrovsk State Medical Academy- Founded in 1916, the Academy has 1100
employees and around 646 teaching staff. The medium of instruction is English.
- Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University-Founded in 1945, the University has
around 13 faculties and has trained more than 17,000 students since inception.
- Kharkiv National Medical University – Founded in 1805, the University has around
700 teachers and is recognized by UNESCO also. Around 7500 students have already
passed out from this University.
- Kyiv Medical University of Uafm Kiev- Founded in 1992 this University is
considered one of the best Ukraine can offer. This University is also recognized by
- Lugansk State Medical University—Founded in 1956 there are around 3000 students
from 60 countries and the course is also recognized by USMLE.
- Odessa National Medical University- Founded in 1900, this University presently
enrolls approximately around 1200 International students among a total of 4000
students. This University is a self-governed and approved medical University.
- Ternopil National Medical University- Founded in 1957, the University has 60
departments with more than 600 faculty out of which there are about 85 professors.
The cost of studying in these Universities are tabulated as under
|Approximate fees in Universities of Ukraine in Rs for 6 years|
|University||Total fees *( in lakhs)|
|Bogomolets National Medical University||23.53|
|Bukovinian State medical university||18|
|DanyloHalytskyLviv State Medical University||23.53|
|Dnipropetrovsk State Medical Academy||19.11|
|IvanoFrankivsk National Medical University||19.89|
|Kharkiv National Medical University||23.4|
|Kyiv Medical University of Uafm Kiev||19.11|
|Lugansk State Medical University||16.08|
|Odessa National Medical University||26.65|
|Ternopil National Medical University||19.11|
|*Fees include Tuition fees, hostel accommodation, and Insurance|
As evident these all Universities are very old and they have established themselves in the field of imparting high-class Medical Education. Among these universities, Bukovinian State Medical University is the best university in Ukraine.