Bukovinian State Medical University (BSMU) is a 75-year-old government university and amongst the greatest educational establishments of Chernivtsi. It has recently celebrated the 65th anniversary of the foundation. BSMU is a modern multicultural educational institution with a high level of accreditation with ancient traditions. It was founded in October 1944. It has the best results in the FMGE-MCI exam. Bukovinian State Medical University is included in the general register of the Magna Charta Universität, WHO, and the association of the Carpathian region universities that provides training according to the grading system.
Location of BSMU
BSMU is located in the core of Chernivtsi city. This beautiful city with public gardens, museums, summer cafes, shady alleys in its parks, and imitable architecture attracts students and tourists from across the globe. They come to admire the present and the past that blends so harmoniously together in the historical city established in 1408. The city is inexpensive, quiet, and very comfortable for living in.
Awards received by BSMU
● Contemporary Education in Ukraine – 2000
● Prizewinner in the nomination of “ 10 years of Ukrainian Independence”
● International Academic Popularity and Quality Rate
● The Golden Fortune
At present 324 candidates of science, 78 doctors, 193 assistant professors (Ph.D.), and 66 professors work at 47 departments of the medical university. Among them are traumatology, pediatrics, cardiology, kidney physiology, orthopedics, pathology, and gastroenterology. They have rich working experience with students and a good command of foreign character. The university has trained more than 25,000 specialists in most of the specialties. The university consists of 47 departments within seven faculties.
- Stomatological (Dental)
- Faculty of advanced medical studies
- Preparatory faculty
The development and foundation of BSMU are connected with the name of well-known organizers and scientists. Indian food is available cooked by professional cooks for the Indian students. The student’s campus consists of 5 comfortable hostels connected to the internet with sports, a reading room, and everything necessary. Many studios and clubs are organized like a decorative art studio, the amateur ensemble of folk dance, drama, choreographic studios, etc. Sports clubs in wrestling, chess, table tennis, basketball, volleyball, and mini-football are available for students. The students get real fun at the fitness camp and summer sports located on the bank of the Dniester River.
Why is BSMU recommended?
● BSMU is the only university in Ukraine to have a separate hostel for Indian girls.
● It is the only university in Ukraine where students pay tuition fees directly to the university.
● It has alumni of more than 900 Indian doctors working in private and government hospitals after successfully passing the MCI exam in their 1st attempt.
● The MD house is the official authorized representative of BSMU in Asia, operated by one of its alumni and graduates from India.
● It has the most active Indian student society that works for the welfare of the Indian student
● It has nine government hostels with the best facilities according to the needs of its students.
The teacher-student ratio in BSMU is 1:20. It clears the doubts of the students and provides you with a high-quality education at an affordable price.