With the introduction of the Common Medical Entrance Examination, NEET, in India, assuring a seat in the Indian Government colleges have become very tough. This has given rise to international medical destinations among Indian medical aspirants in countries like China, Russia, Mauritius, Uzbekistan, etc. Studying MBBS in Ukraine is also one of the most sought after destinations in this regard.
Ukraine is the most preferred destination since they offer world-class MBBS which is at a very reasonable cost. Moreover, there are a lot of Indian students who have already passed out and are studying presently in these Universities of repute.
The Medium of instruction is English and the admission procedure is also quite simple. The prerequisites for admission are
● Completed 17 years of age ● 50% marks in higher secondary education with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
Relaxation of 40% marks for SC/ ST/ OBC candidates.
● Must have cleared the NEET examination ● Must be a regular student and not from any open school.
The documents required are:-
● A copy and original of the higher secondary examination (12th standard). ● 6 copies of photos of 3 x4 cm ● Copy of passport ● NEET clearance ● Filling up of the admission form which consists of name, age, educational qualifications, and other details.
To get admission to the Universities of Ukraine one does not have to appear for TOEFL or IELTS. The tuition fees are also to be paid directly to the University and not to any agent or associate. The tuition fees are approximately USD 3500-5000 and they vary among different Universities. The course duration is usually 6 years in which the first 5 years are theoretical and practical sessions whereas the last year is of Internship.
The degree is accredited by the Medical Council of India but students post passing out have to appear for a screening test of MCI to practice in India. Coaching is also given to students for clearing these exams and most of the students clear it in the very first attempt. The students can apply for a licensing exam in other countries also like the USA and UK.
There are pretty many world-class universities to study MBBS in Ukraine. Few of them are:-
● Bukovinian State Medical University
● Odessa National Medical University
● Ternopil State Medical University
● Sumy State University
● Black Sea National University
The MD house, a Chandigarh based career counseling firm has been chosen as the official admission partner for the prestigious BSMU in Ukraine. Being in the business with trust, transparency, and flexibility they have proven their mettle. They are a shining star in this field bringing happiness among a lot of medical aspirants and their families in India.