Of late, a lot of students from various parts of the world are choosing China for medical education. Last year, over 10,000 students came to China to study medicine, most of them choosing an English-medium MBBS program. You might have the doubts on why they unhesitatingly select China as their medical career starting way; it is believed that the following are the valuable reasons:
- Students prefer to study MBBS in China as China’s medical universities are ranked among the leading 500 universities in the world and highly reputed for being at the forefront of the field of modern medicine. In addition, English-medium MBBS programs have been taught for years, and there are now several graduates pursuing a further education in China or being a doctor in their own country.
- China has a population of more than 1 billion people, and this will offer outstanding learning opportunities as there are several clinical cases to be observed throughout the clinical years. The affiliated hospital where students take on internships must be with the tier of Grade III, Level A, which has the most advanced international-standard medical instruments and also lots of patient beds. Thus, the medical market of China is developing at a faster speed and becoming one of the world’s largest medical markets.
- China is a peaceful country with social harmony and excellent public security. To guarantee people live in a comfortable and secure society, the Chinese government takes a hard-hitting stance on crime and law and order. The government also takes special care to offer international students a safe study and living environment on campus.
- Tuition fees for MBBS in China are very low. Yearly, it would cost you around US$1,000-2,000.
- Apart from teaching modern medicine, Chinese medical schools also teach students about traditional medicine and ancient medical techniques like acupuncture. This is not usually the case in other countries, and is a superior opportunity to broaden your understanding.
With the astounding accomplishments that China has made during its 30 years of opening up to the outside world, thousands of international students are enrolled in China’s universities and colleges each year, making it one of the most popular places to study for international students. Considered as both a representative of an ancient and strange culture and a vibrant new economy, China has something for everybody. As students are required to learn Mandarin during their study in China, this is an outstanding advantage to pick up the most widely spoken international language in the world.
Also Read: Advantages of doing MBBS in China