Recently there has been a trend among the medical aspirants in India to do MBBS from abroad, specifically from countries like China, Russia, Mauritius, etc. MBBS in Uzbekistan has evolved as a hotspot for Indian students in recent times.
Advantages of doing MBBS in Uzbekistan
- Low cost of medical education in comparison to those of private medical colleges in India. The course fees usually range between $ 3100- 3500 which is approximately Rs 2.30 lakhs per year for a 5-year course and 1 year of Internship. The hostel fees, meals, and transportation charges are separate. Though the cost of the courses differs between institutes yet the starting total expenses are from Rs 16.50 lakhs onwards for all 6 years taken together. There are no requests for donations or capitation fees.
- The courses are recognized by WHO, MCI, and FAIMER.
- The medium of instruction is English.
- Low cost of living.
- Indian food is available
- Easy seat availability
- Easy visa and immigration norms.
- World-class education with state of the art facilities.
- Comfortable and fully furnished hostels with round the clock security, internet connection, hot and cold water, refrigerators, gas stoves, and a lot of other facilities.
- Sports facilities with Gymnasium
- Library and study room facilities
- Easy admission
- Suitable continental climate to which most Indians easily adapt. Summers are as hot as 40 degrees centigrade whereas the winter temperature ranges from – 2 to -40 degrees centigrade.
- The aspirant must clear NEET
- The aspirant must have 50 % minimum marks in 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English as the must-have subjects. However the cutoffpercent of marks for eligibility differ between institutes.
- Must have completed 17 years of age.
The course duration is of 6 years out of which the first 5 years are of basic theoretical and practical lessons and the final year is of compulsory Internship. Every year approximately 8 subjects are covered wherein the students are enlightened with subjects like Medical Chemistry, Histology, Human Anatomy, Microbiology, Oncology, and a lot more.
- Medical Certificate
- Birth Certificate
- Passport copy
- Copy of mark sheets
- Copy of Invitation Letter
- Passport size photographs
There are some more documents which might be required but these are the most sought after ones.
The famous Medical colleges in Uzbekistan which are approved by MCI are
- Andijan State Medical Institute
- Bukhara State Medical institute
- Tashkent State Dental Institute
- Samarkand State Medical Institute
Due to fierce competition in India the medical aspirants who could not get a seat in Government Medical colleges usually prefer to do MBBS from foreign countries like Uzbekistan at a very affordable cost.