Every year thousands of students aspire to become doctors or get into other medical fields. In India, pursuing a degree in medicine is popular which is why this place is home to the top medical universities in the world.
If you want to pursue MBBS in India then you must be aware of the required details that we have shared here with you.
MBBS Admission in India
The admission in the MBBS programme in India is conducted from May to July every year. The course is conducted for 5.5 years where 4.5 years is for classroom program and 1 year is for internship. There are certain eligibility criteria and exams to get a seat in the medical universities in India.
Exams for MBBS in India:
There are three entrance examinations conducted for admission in the MBBS program and each exam is for a particular university. The entrance exams are listed below:
- AIIMS Entrance Exams- All INDIA Medical Science Entrance Exam which contains 15 colleges
- NEET- National Eligibility cum Entrance Test which includes 542 colleges.
- JIPMER- Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research having two colleges.
- Students must clear 10+2 exams with Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Zoology & Botany) as compulsory subjects from a recognized board.
- Students must be an Indian National for admission through All India Entrance Exam (NEET).
- Students should be at least 17 as on 31st December of the year of admission.
- 10th Marks Sheet
- 10th Admit card and Registration Certificate (For date of Birth)
- 12th Marks Sheet
- 12th Admit card and Registration Certificate
- NEET Admit Card and Result/Rank letter issues (if applicable).
- Passport Size photographs (Same as the one affixed on application Form).
- Proof of Identity
- Category Certificate (if applicable).
Top MBBS Colleges in India
India is home to a lot of medical institutions that offer excellent education and placement opportunities. Some of the top medical institutions for MBBS in India are listed below:
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
- Christian Medical College, Vellore
- King George’s Medical University, Lucknow
- Institute of Medical Sciences Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi
- Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research, Puducherry
- Kasturba Medical College, Manipal
- University College of Medical Sciences, University of Delhi, Delhi
- St Johns Medical College, Bangalore
- Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi
- Christian Medical College, Ludhiana
- Armed Forces Medical College, Pune
- Lady Hardinge Medical College for Women, New Delhi
Also Read: Study MBBS For Indian Students In 2021