Russia, off late, has emerged as a favorite destination for the medical students in India who cannot assure a seat in the NEET. Private medical colleges are too expensive whereas the Russian Universities provide international exposure to students at approximately one-fifth of the cost.
There are innumerable world-class Universities to study MBBS in Russia. Some of them are:-
- Crimea Federal University, SIMFEROPOL.
- First Moscow State University
- Kazan State Medical University
- Mari State Medical University
- Northern State Medical University
- Kazan Federal University.
The curriculum for MBBS in Russia is for 6 years. Though the cost varies across universities, yet the cost of studying in Crimea Federal University is approximately Rs 17 lakhs for the whole tenure of 6 years.
Apart from World-class education and low cost, there are innumerable other factors which attract the Indian students to study MBBS in Russia and they are:-
- The courses are recognized by MCI, the Medical Council of India, and also identified by FAIMER, WHO, UNESCO, WFME, etc.
- Affordable cost of living
- Availability of Indian food.
- Availability of hostels.
- No donations or capitation fees
- No need to clear TOEFL or IELTS exams.
- State of the art labs and universally acceptable degree
- The medium of instruction is English. A rudimentary amount of Russian is also taught so that one can communicate with the local patients.
- A friendly relationship with India
- Pleasing weather, friendly people, and ease of admission.
The eligibility criteria are also quite simple and the following are the prerequisites:-
- Minimum of 50% marks in Higher secondary with English, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as the subjects in science stream. Relaxation of 45% for SC, ST, and OBC candidates.
- Must have completed 17 years of age.
- Must have cleared the NEET exam.
The various documents required for admission are:-
- Certificate and mark sheets of both secondary and higher secondary education.
- Birth Certificate
- Passport copy
- Invitation letter from Russian Medical University.
- HIV test reports.
- Approval of all the documents from the Ministry of External Affairs.
- Copy of Visa fees.
- Copy of the payment of first-year fees to the Russian University.
- Validation of all documents from the Russian Embassy.
For admission support in India, we have the MD House, which is considered as one of the best in this field. With more than 10 years of experience, they work for the customer to bring down the cost of studies. With an eye for detail, they have created a niche segment for themselves in this field with repetitive patronage which is increasing by the day. Armed with flexibility and open-ended transactions they have created a place in people’s hearts based on trust and loyalty.