With the introduction of the common medical entrance examination, NEET, getting a seat in Indian medical colleges has become extremely tough. Private medical colleges also are quite expensive which has led the medical aspirants to look for getting MBBS done from universities abroad. Uzbekistan happens to be a hotspot for such MBBS education for Indian students.
Samarkand State Medical Institute, Uzbekistan happens to be such an Institute in Uzbekistan. The Institute is one of the oldest Universities in Central Asia and dates back to about 1930. The Institute is also approved by the Medical Council of India (MCI).
Samarkand State Medical Institute, Uzbekistan is recognized and accredited by
- Ministry of higher and secondary specialized Education, Uzbekistan
- Medical Council of India
- World Health Organization
Advantages of doing MBBS from Samarkand State Medical Institute, Uzbekistan
- The medium of instruction is English
- State of the art modern facilities with multimedia lecture halls. It is one of the top-ranked Medical institutes in Uzbekistan. The Institute has tie-ups with a lot of International educational Institutes. A highly qualified and experienced faculty impart outstanding medical training.
- Comfortable hostel accommodation. Fully furnished hostels have a gymnasium, library and reading room, hot and cold water, refrigerators, round the clock security, gas stoves, and internet connection.
- Low course fees in comparison to that of the private medical colleges in India. Even help regarding loan facilities is also available. There is no request for any donation or capitation fee.
- Easy Visa norms
- Easy availability of seats not much of fierce competition.
- Low cost of living.
Approximate cost of studying at Samarkand State Medical Institute, Uzbekistan per year
|Course fees||Hostel Fees||Meal cost||Transportation Cost||Total|
6 years is the total duration of the course out of which 5 years of MBBS and 1 year is of Internship. During the first 5 years basic knowledge both theoretical and practical is imparted. Every year approximately 8 subjects are covered thoroughly to impart in-depth medical knowledge.
- 50% marks in 10+2 stream with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English. Relaxation of 45% for SC/ ST and OBC.
- Must have completed 17 years of age
- Must have cleared NEET Examination.
There are about 54 departments in the Institute and offers 3 graduate programs
- Bachelor of Dentistry
- Bachelor of medicine
- Bachelor of Nursing
Apart from these there are also 2 Ph.D. and 2 masters programs in Medicine and Dentistry.
Samarkand State Medical Institute, is not far behind Bukovinian State Medical University which is the best university in Uzbekistan.