Bukovinian State Medical University takes its rightful place in the European arena. BSMU is a recognized member of the International Association of Educational Universities (IAEU), the World Health Organization (WHO), the Association of Carpathian Region Universities (ACRU) and the Great Charter of Universities. International activity of the university is focused on organizing and holding conferences with international participation, the participation of students, teachers and young university scientists in scientific conferences and forums abroad, training of teachers and students in foreign medical institutions, the expansion of scientific and educational cooperation between the university and the signing of cooperation agreements.[table id=5 /]Bukovinian State Medical University conducts extensive research work, both independently and in cooperation with foreign partners. In 2012 The University conducted 8 joint researches, namely:Instructors and students are engaged in an active research activity, representing the results of their investigations at international conferences, forums, seminars. In 2011 the students of our University submitted their researches at the following conferences:On the 5th-7th of December 2012 Bukovinian State Medical University organized International conference "Medical education in the post-soviet countries and European experience". During the conference the most topical and urgent issues for an improvement of training of future doctors, pharmacists, pharmaceutical chemists and for further cooperation between higher medical institutions were discussed. Rectors and prorectors of higher medical institutions of Ukraine, Russia, Belorussia, Rumania, Moldova, Uzbekistan, Germany and the USA took part in the conference. Within the framework of this event on-line conferences were held between Bukovinian State Medical University, Medical school of New Mexico University (the USA), Lubek University (Germany), Samarkand State Medical University (Uzbekistan) and the Psychiatric Service of Canton Turgau (Shwitzerland). Bukovinian State Medical University greeted professors from the Russian Federation, Sweden, Germany, Moldova, Austria and Italy. On the23rd-26th of May, 2012, Professor Herbert Eringer,the president of the Lion Club of Austria visited BSMU,during his stay negotiations were held as to the participation of our University in the program "No boarders for medical students".
1.Today Bukovinian State Medical University has signed 27 agreements on cooperation in science with the following universities:
2.Conducting educational and scientific exchanges, collaborative research, internship and study abroad of the teaching staff and students.
- The Department of Human Anatomy conducts a joint research with Belgorod State University in the study of prenatal ontogenesis of the nervous system and the musculoskeletal system.
- The Department of Infectious Diseases and Epidemiology conducts clinical trials for BioCryst pharmaceuticals, inc. "Three-phase multicenter, mixed, blind study of the efficacy and safety of intravenous Peramivirum in addition to standard therapy of adults who were hospitalized with the flu.
- The Department of Internal Medicine conducts a joint study with the Institute of Tuberculosis and Lung Diseases, Warsaw, Poland, on the topic: "α1-antitrypsinum in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease."
- The Department of Internal Medicine, Physical Rehabilitation and Sports Medicine participates in carrying out international clinical trials «SIGNIFY» and «HOPE-3."
- The Department of Propedeutics of pediatric diseases conducts a joint clinical study with the "Farmanet" company, Switzerland.
- The Department of Medical Biology, Genetics and Pharmaceutical Botanics studies a corrective action Tetrapeptydum of Epitalonum on chronic peculiarities of some organs of the endocrine system and kidneys in conjunction with the St. Petersburg Institute of Bioregulation and Gerontology SZO RAMS.
- The Department of Clinical Immunology, Allergology and Endocrinology jointly with the «Paroksel" company investigates the influence of the drug "Exenatidum" in reducing cardiovascular events (VSV protocol - 109).
- The Department of Anatomy, Topographical Anatomy and Operative Surgery conducts joint research work "Topographic-anatomical patterns hepatolihamentarn complex in human ontogenesis" together with the Department of Anatomy of the University of Medicine and Pharmacy named after N. Testemitsanu, Republic of Moldova.
- Every year 4th and 5th year students of the University are involved in internship programs "Medical Students Without Borders" under the aegis of the Lyons Club in a bilateral exchange program between BSMU and the University of Lübeck, and then practice at the University hospital center of Montpellier. In 2012, 18 students participated in the above mentioned programs, having trained in the best clinics in Austria, Germany and France.
3. Participation in international conferences, seminars, festivals, exhibitions in Ukraine and abroad.
- The International Medical Student Conference which was held on May 12-15, 2011 in Sofia, Bulgaria;
- The XIth International Medical Congress for Students and Young Researchers which was held on May 13-14 2011 in Poznan, Poland;
- The International Student Congress of Medical Sciences which was held on June 7-10 2011 in Groningen, the Netherlands;
- The VIth International Student Medical Congress which was held on July 14-17, 2011 in Novy Sad, Serbia;
- The European Medical Student Conference which was held from the 28thof August to the 1st of September 2011 in Leiden, the Netherlands;
- The Congress of Young Researchers of Europe which was held on September 16-18, 2011 in Portu, Portugal;
- The XXIIth European Medical Conference which was held on September 21-24, 2011 in Berlin, Germany;
- The VIIIth International symposium «The Achievements in Legal Medicine» which was held during the period of the 26th of September to the 1st October, 2011 in Frankfurt, Germany;
- The ХІІІth International Medical Student Conference which was held on November 10-13, 2011 in Kraiova, Romania.