Bukovinian State Medical University takes its rightful place in the European arena. BSMU is a recognized member of the International Association of Educational Universities (IAEU), the World Health Organization (WHO), the Association of Carpathian Region Universities (ACRU) and the Great Charter of Universities.
International activity of the university is focused on organizing and holding conferences with international participation, the participation of students, teachers and young university scientists in scientific conferences and forums abroad, training of teachers and students in foreign medical institutions, the expansion of scientific and educational cooperation between the university and the signing of cooperation agreements.
1.Today Bukovinian State Medical University has signed 27 agreements on cooperation in science with the following universities:
|Country||State educational institution or its subsidiaries, which signed a cooperation agreement||Signing date||Main directions of cooperation|
|Romania||University of Medicine and Pharmacy "Victor Babes"||14.04.2006||Implementation of joint educational and research programs.|
|Germany||University of Luebeck Germany||26.06.2006||The development and strengthening of scientific and academic cooperation between universities.|
|Russian Federation||Moscow State University named after Lomonosov||01.02.2007||Scientific and educational cooperation through the organization of joint activities.|
|Poland||Rzeszow University||10.10.2007||Joint research, exchange of students and academic staff.|
|Poland||National Institute of Tuberculosis and Lung Diseases, Warsaw||01.04.2009||Promoting cooperation in education, organizing exchange programs between the two institutions.|
|Poland||Warsaw Medical University||22.04.2009||Establishment of cooperation and education exchanges.|
|Republic of Moldova||the Prednistrovie State University named after Shevchenko||06.07.2009||Exchange of experience, information and teaching literature, work on joint educational and research projects.|
|The USA||U.S. Valley University of Utah||16.07.2009||Promoting cultural exchange and cooperation in education.|
|Romania||University "December 1, 1918" in Alba Iulia||04.08.2009||Promoting cooperation in education, organizing exchange programs between the two institutions.|
|Georgia||Georgia Research Institute of Pediatrics named after I.Pahava||30.11.2009||Organization of cooperation in educational and research programs in the field of neonatal and perinatal medicine as well as exchange programs between the universities.|
|Greece||Educational institution "FITILA"||02.12.2009||Involvement and organizational support of teaching students with opportunities to use educational programs of the University.|
|Republic of Moldova||State University of Medicine and Pharmacy named after Nicolae Testemitsanu||01.07.2010||Exchange of students and official delegations, joint fundamental and applied research in the field of medicine, joint scientific symposia and conferences.|
|Georgia||University "VITA" Tbilisi||05.07.2010||Organization of cooperation in education and research programs in the field of neonatal and perinatal medicine as well as exchange programs between universities.|
|Great Britain||BRITEL ACADEMY||11.04.2011||Organization of cooperation in education and exchange programs between the two institutions.|
|Poland||Bialystok Medical University||28.04.2011||Cooperation in the scientific field, joint research, joint conferences, symposia and congresses.|
|Romania, Ukarine||Suceava University "Stefan cel Mare"|
Chernivtsi National University named after Y.Fedkovych
|09.06.2011||Creating Bukovynian University Consortium|
|France||Universite Montpellier 1||11.07.2011||Organization of mobility of students and teachers, the implementation of scientific exchanges.|
|The USA||Medical School of the University of New Mexico||15.11.2011||Student exchange|
|Kazakhstan||Almaaty State Institute of Higher Medical Education||14.12.2011||Development and strengthening of cooperation in science and education.|
|Uzbekistan||Samarkand Medical Institute||02.02.2012||Conducting joint research, exchange of academic staff.|
|Azerbaidzhan||Azerbaijan Medical University||09.02.2012||Exchange of teaching literature, participation in joint educational and research projects, exchange of the academic staff.|
|Georgia||Tbilisi State Medical University||22.02.2012||Development and strengthening of cooperation in science and education.|
|Russian Federation||Kazan State Medical University||20.03.2012||Cooperation in science and education.|
|Russian Federation||Novosibirsk State Medical University||02.04.2012||Cooperation in science and education, exchange of experience in the field of higher medical education.|
|Germany||University of Applied Sciences Lübeck||13.04.2012||Cooperation in science and education.|
|Russian Federation||North Ossetian State Medical Academy||07.05.2012||Cooperation in science and education, exchange of experience in the field of higher medical education.|
|Russian Federation||Volgograd State Medical University||26.07.2012||Cooperation in science and education, exchange of experience in the field of higher medical education.|
2.Conducting educational and scientific exchanges, collaborative research, internship and study abroad of the teaching staff and students.
Bukovinian State Medical University conducts extensive research work, both independently and in cooperation with foreign partners. In 2012 The University conducted 8 joint researches, namely:
- The Department of Human Anatomy conducts a joint research with Belgorod State University in the study of prenatal ontogenesis of the nervous system and the musculoskeletal system.
- The Department of Infectious Diseases and Epidemiology conducts clinical trials for BioCryst pharmaceuticals, inc. “Three-phase multicenter, mixed, blind study of the efficacy and safety of intravenous Peramivirum in addition to standard therapy of adults who were hospitalized with the flu.
- The Department of Internal Medicine conducts a joint study with the Institute of Tuberculosis and Lung Diseases, Warsaw, Poland, on the topic: “α1-antitrypsinum in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.”
- The Department of Internal Medicine, Physical Rehabilitation and Sports Medicine participates in carrying out international clinical trials «SIGNIFY» and «HOPE-3.”
- The Department of Propedeutics of pediatric diseases conducts a joint clinical study with the “Farmanet” company, Switzerland.
- The Department of Medical Biology, Genetics and Pharmaceutical Botanics studies a corrective action Tetrapeptydum of Epitalonum on chronic peculiarities of some organs of the endocrine system and kidneys in conjunction with the St. Petersburg Institute of Bioregulation and Gerontology SZO RAMS.
- The Department of Clinical Immunology, Allergology and Endocrinology jointly with the «Paroksel” company investigates the influence of the drug “Exenatidum” in reducing cardiovascular events (VSV protocol – 109).
- The Department of Anatomy, Topographical Anatomy and Operative Surgery conducts joint research work “Topographic-anatomical patterns hepatolihamentarn complex in human ontogenesis” together with the Department of Anatomy of the University of Medicine and Pharmacy named after N. Testemitsanu, Republic of Moldova.
- Every year 4th and 5th year students of the University are involved in internship programs “Medical Students Without Borders” under the aegis of the Lyons Club in a bilateral exchange program between BSMU and the University of Lübeck, and then practice at the University hospital center of Montpellier. In 2012, 18 students participated in the above mentioned programs, having trained in the best clinics in Austria, Germany and France.
3. Participation in international conferences, seminars, festivals, exhibitions in Ukraine and abroad.
Instructors and students are engaged in an active research activity, representing the results of their investigations at international conferences, forums, seminars. In 2011 the students of our University submitted their researches at the following conferences:
- The International Medical Student Conference which was held on May 12-15, 2011 in Sofia, Bulgaria;
- The XIth International Medical Congress for Students and Young Researchers which was held on May 13-14 2011 in Poznan, Poland;
- The International Student Congress of Medical Sciences which was held on June 7-10 2011 in Groningen, the Netherlands;
- The VIth International Student Medical Congress which was held on July 14-17, 2011 in Novy Sad, Serbia;
- The European Medical Student Conference which was held from the 28thof August to the 1st of September 2011 in Leiden, the Netherlands;
- The Congress of Young Researchers of Europe which was held on September 16-18, 2011 in Portu, Portugal;
- The XXIIth European Medical Conference which was held on September 21-24, 2011 in Berlin, Germany;
- The VIIIth International symposium «The Achievements in Legal Medicine» which was held during the period of the 26th of September to the 1st October, 2011 in Frankfurt, Germany;
- The ХІІІth International Medical Student Conference which was held on November 10-13, 2011 in Kraiova, Romania.
A lot of instructors of our University participated at different scientific congresses, such as “Inflammation and Cancer”, Hamburg (Germany); the VIth International Congress in Reproductive Medicine, Moscow (The Russian Federation); The Annual Congress of the European Association of Urologists, Paris (France); The World Congress in Gynecological Endocrinology, Florence (Italy); The Іst International Scientific Practical Conference «Topical Issues of Medicine», Baku (Azerbaijan); The ХХХІstandХХХІІnd International Scientific Practical School-Conference of Medical Workers, Bakuriani (Georgia); The International Conference of The American Association of Reproductive Medicine and The European Association of Human Reproduction and Embryology, Cortina-d’Ampezzo (Italy); The World Congress in Gynecology, Infertility and Perinatology, Barcelona (Spain); The Annual Meeting of European Association of Human Reproduction and Embryology (ESHRE), Istanbul (Turkey); The Annual Congress of the American Association of Reproductive Medicine, San Diego (the USA); the IV International Scientific-Practical Conference “The Accessory Reproductive Technologies (ART) in Kazakhstan. Modernity and Future”, Almaty (Kazakhstan); The ХІth International Congress of Medical Sciences for Students and Young Doctors, Sophia (Bulgaria); The IVth International Medical Congress of Students and Young Doctors «MedEspera 2012», Kyshyniv (Moldova); The ХХth International Congress with a Course of Endoscopy “New Technologies in the Diagnostics and Treatment of Gynecological Diseases”, Moscow (The Russian Federation); The Congress of European Pancreatological Club, Prague (Czech Republic);The Conference of “The European Organisation of High Pressure» (ESH2012), London (Great Britain); the 37th International Congress of the Federation of European Biochemical Associations (FEBS 2012), Seville, Spain; the XXIІІrd European Medical Student Conference, Berlin (Germany); The International Conference “Topical Issues of Morphology”, dedicated to the 100th anniversary of Professor B.Z. Perlin’s birthday, Kyshyniv(Moldova); the ХІІІth All-Russian Scientific Forum “Mother and Child 2012», Moscow (the Russian Federation); the International Conference “The Achievements in Pulmonology”, Vrotslav (Poland); the 2nd International Congress in Neurology and Neuroepidemiology, Nice (France). As a result of participation in these international conferences is 177 research papers were published in international editions.
4. Other types of international activity.
On the 5th-7th of December 2012 Bukovinian State Medical University organized International conference “Medical education in the post-soviet countries and European experience”. During the conference the most topical and urgent issues for an improvement of training of future doctors, pharmacists, pharmaceutical chemists and for further cooperation between higher medical institutions were discussed. Rectors and prorectors of higher medical institutions of Ukraine, Russia, Belorussia, Rumania, Moldova, Uzbekistan, Germany and the USA took part in the conference. Within the framework of this event on-line conferences were held between Bukovinian State Medical University, Medical school of New Mexico University (the USA), Lubek University (Germany), Samarkand State Medical University (Uzbekistan) and the Psychiatric Service of Canton Turgau (Shwitzerland).
Bukovinian State Medical University greeted professors from the Russian Federation, Sweden, Germany, Moldova, Austria and Italy. On the23rd-26th of May, 2012, Professor Herbert Eringer,the president of the Lion Club of Austria visited BSMU,during his stay negotiations were held as to the participation of our University in the program “No boarders for medical students”.
On September 5-10, 2012 the visit to BSMU of Helen Silverblatt, the head of public psychiatric center at New Mexico University was organized during which exchanges and questions of further cooperation between our universities were discussed.
On September 23rd-26th , 2012 a visit of delegation from Lubek University (Germany) was organized within the framework of the signed agreement about cooperation. Bukovinian State Medical University carries out large-scale work in the sphere of admission foreign students for studying. Annually the representatives of our University launch an advertising campaign in the Republic of India, Nigeria, Ghana and other countries, organizing meetings with future entrants and their parents and providing information about the studies at BSMU and the educational system in Ukraine. Nowadays 801 foreign citizens from 37 countries receive higher education at our educational establishment.